Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Tropical Tango

Today, as I am pressed for time this morning, but determined to share, I am giving you my recipe for my daughter's favourite homemade babyfood treat. This has been a great "dessert" that still boasts a TON of nutritional value. Best of all, it is incredibly simple to make, and versatile to serve.
MAUI MASH
1 ripe banana
1/2 avocado
1/2 cantaloupe, cubed
1/2 mango
Simply place everything in a blender with a little water, and puree! This recipe filled two ice cube trays for me. Because of the nature of the fruits in this recipe, you will need to allow a good day or so for freezing before transferring to a sealable container.
I give this to my daughter as is after supper, mix it into her cereal in the morning, or add a little organic plain yogurt for a snack. Possibilities galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment