My 18 month old blessed me with this dilemma today, therefore this afternoon I offer to you the solution. Or should I say A solution, for there are, in fact, more than one. As I stood looking at my suddenly very colourful refrigerator door this morning and tried not to laugh in front of my daughter (who was incredibly proud of her masterpiece), I had to wonder. Wax. You don't dissolve it, you don't bleach it... how do you get rid of it? I tried a few different things.
1. A dry cloth and some elbow grease. Oh, it was working, but it took a LOT of elbow grease. More than this pregnant momma was willing to muster up.
2. All purpose cleaner. Yes, this was working as well, but it still required an awful lot of elbow grease and my arms were already tired from solution #1.
3. Nylon scraper. You know, the one you're supposed to use for ceramic and glass topped cook stoves. Fail.
4. Good old baking soda and a damp rag. This worked wonders. minimal effort, excellent results and no worries if my daughter tries to do something else to the refrigerator... like lick it. She does like to lick things.